We just got back from vacation and holy cow has my garden gone crazy in a week! A few things I've done in my garden lately:
* I spent some time taming my tomato plants that have gotten very unruly.
* I harvested cucumbers tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, and mint.
* I cut up the first round of peppers and froze them on cookie sheets, then put in ziplock bags.
* I tried making refrigerator pickles for the first time (recipe courtesy of my friend Lydia!) and LOVED them. They are so crunchy and delicious. Never ever will I buy store bought pickles again!
* I harvested purple basil and made a purple pesto (kind of ugly, but really delicious) and froze it in ice cube trays so I have ready to use flavoring for stir fries or anything really!
* I canned dill pickles and whole tomatoes.
* I dried mint leaves for tea.
There is so much more harvesting, canning, and "putting up" to do.
I get so excited about growing and preserving my own food, it's silly.
All my other Garden 2015 posts: