The following are 5 ways I try to start my day off on the right foot!
- Have a cup of hot green tea. I love starting my day with a cup of tea, and I usually make it green tea.
- Have a glass of water. Before you even stand up from your bed, drink 8 oz of water. Starting your day hydrated? Yes please!
- Go for a walk, preferably outside. Walking outside in the morning is refreshing, energizing, and you get Vitamin D from the sunshine. Better yet, grab a friend to go with you and you get some socialization in too.
- Eat breakfast. Starting my day with a good breakfast sets the tone for how I eat the rest of the day. I skip carbs in the am (cereal, bread, etc) and start my day with protein (usually eggs or bacon or both!), vegetables, and a healthy fat (avocado is my favorite!)
- Unplug from social media. I am notorious for checking my phone first thing when I wake up in the morning. I wouldn’t want to miss the latest twitter updates, instagram photos, or posts to facebook. I do find that I actually have a better day if I set my phone aside in the morning and focus on doing something for myself: listen to music, read a chapter in my book, meditate, do yoga, or maybe even get some work done.
How do you start your day?