Space to do the things I love and that make me happy.
Space to allow things that I need or want to show up.
I've thought about this a lot along with our desire to add children to our family. Have we opened up the space to allow such things into our lives?
Part of creating space is letting go of things that no longer serve you.
- These could be physical things, like clothes, accessories, papers, trinkets, gadgets, and clutter.
- They could be emotional things, like hurt, anger, guilt, fear, and anxiety.
- They could also be just things in your daily life, like too many things on your to do list, the need to always be "doing something," or the rushing from one activity, job, or event to the next without taking the time to enjoy the now.
Consciously creating space will allow the things you need and want to flow in.
Creating space can feel uncomfortable.
- You might have to say no to a seemingly good opportunity that at first glance, appears perfect, but may just be perfect for someone else.
- You might have to let go of an idea you have that seems great, but the timing just isn't right.
- You might have to get rid of those things in your home that you're holding on to for the "just in case" day when that something might happen.
- You might have to let go of those feelings of fear, holding you back from what you might experience, the new thing that seems scary and is uncomfortable because it's uncharted territory. That fear keeps you from what could be.
- You might have to let go of your expectations. Let go of how you thought things would be, and be open to how things will be.
The thing about life is it's unpredictable. You have little control of what may happen next. What you can control is how open you are to what is about to happen.
Have you created the space you need to receive what you want?
How can you create space in your life?